- Foreign investments are as common as domestic investments. In fact, there’s an entire international exchange to deal with the transactions.
- It is estimated that $4 Trillion dollars changes hands on the Foreign Exchange Market (Forex).
- There’s a good chance some of your mutual funds and IRAs are engaged in foreign investments.
- It’s not illegal in the United States to have foreign bank accounts.
- What is illegal is not paying U.S. taxes on profits and interest received from foreign bank accounts.
- There’s no evidence Mitt Romney has not complied with every U.S. tax law regarding these accounts and investments.
- If you want to understand foreign investments and the U.S. government’s rules regarding them, read Price Waterhouse Cooper’s 2011 update on U.S. regulations.
- In 2011, Obama blamed Americans for not attracting enough foreign investment to the United States.
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz, The Chairwoman of the Democrat National Committee, has foreign investments in Swiss banks, The State Bank of India, and multiple foreign drug companies.
- Dick Durbin, the second most powerful Democrat in the Senate (Whip), has Swiss bank accounts.
- Valerie Jarrett, the most powerful person in the White House, has foreign bank accounts in Bermuda.
- Mitt Romney has released his tax returns for 2010 and 2011.
This propaganda is but another attempt to define Mitt Romney as an “out of touch” rich guy. Democrats want more years of tax returns so they can pour over them and fabricate more “gotchas” like this one.
Would you release more years of your tax returns if you knew there were thousands of hostile opponents drooling a the prospect of finding more to spin, hint at, and lie about? Especially when you cannot count on the media to vet the truth?
Of course, there is no evidence of any wrong-doing but the Democrats hope the innuendo is enough. For a truly hilarious read, see this article from Outside The Beltway, written in January 2012. Oh yeah, January. This attack has been planned for some time. The author freely admits there is no “there” there yet revels in the damage the perception will create for Romney.
Progressives aren’t even lying well, anymore.
What’s interesting is Team Obama decided to launch this lie in July, nearly 4 months before the election. I suspect this was planned as their “October Surprise”. That they fired this salvo now tells you all you need to know:
Team Obama is desperate because Team Obama is losing.