- This propaganda splits hairs on what a promise is.
- In the document prepared by the Obama Administration to support requested spending of $821 Billion on ARRA, they make numerous projections on the effect of the Stimulus spending.
- One of them is that ARRA would keep unemployment below 8%. This can be seen on the graph on page 4 of “The Job Impact Of The American Recovery And Reinvestment Plan”.
- This document also predicted unemployment would be at 6% today. It went up to 8.3% this morning.
- Promise or projection the Obama Administration said ARRA would cap unemployment at 8% and used this document to secure $821 Billion in taxpayer funds to achieve it.
Promise: (n): a declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen.
When you ask for $821 Billion in taxpayer funds and present to Congress a 13-page detailed projection on what will happen once that money’s spent, it’s a declaration that a particular thing will happen. In other words, a promise.
If you want evidence of how badly PolitiFact spins for Obama, check out its tortured projection/promise explanation for labeling this GOP charge “mostly false”.