- Democrats are among the wealthiest Presidents in American history.
- The Democrat Party ran John Kerry for President in 2004. Kerry’s wealth is on par with Mitt Romney’ wealth. Both men are worth around $200M. Kerry still serves in Congress (D-MA).
- John Kerry achieved his wealth through marriage. Mitt Romney earned it in the private sector.
- John F. Kennedy was the 4th richest president in American history. Kennedy was a Democrat.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt was the 8th richest president in American history. FDR was a Democrat.
- Lyndon B. Johnson was the 9th richest president in American history. Johnson was a Democrat.
- Bill Clinton’s estimated net worth is $80M. If you add Hillary and Chelsea Clinton’s wealth, the Clintons are worth more than $100M.
- President Barack Obama’s net worth is $10.5M.
Today, many Democrats currently serving in Congress are very wealthy. Among that list:
- Jane Harman (D-Calif.): net worth $244.7 million (resigned 2011)
- Herb Kohl (D-Wis.): net worth $214.5 million
- Mark Warner (D-Va.): net worth $209.7 million
- Jared Polis (D-NJ): net worth $66M
- Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn): net worth $55M
- Diane Feinstein (D-CA): net worth $45M
- Nancy Pelosi (D-CA): net worth $35.5M
- In fact, 7 of the top 10 wealthiest members of Congress are Democrats.
There are currently 237 millionaires in Congress. Wealth is not uncommon in government; today or through history.
Much of the wealth you see above was inherited or obtained through marriage. In Nancy Pelosi’s case, much of it was earned on Wall Street.
Democrats say there is “good success and bad success”. I’ll save you the trouble and skip to the message:
Democrat Wealth? Good.
Republican Wealth? Bad.